We accept cash, check, credit/debit cards, HSA and FSA cards. A credit/debit card, on file, is required to secure an appointment.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas PPO plans (Telehealth is not always covered for nutrition counseling)
Coverage varies greatly between plans, please contact your insurance company to verify your benefits. If insurance declines to cover your visit(s) for any reason, you are responsible for the full amount billed.
If Nulife Nutrition is out-of-network with your insurance, sessions may still be covered. Upon request, a superbill can be provided, to submit yourself to your insurance company, for possible reimbursement. A superbill, is an itemized form of services provided. Payment is due, from you, at the time of service.
Please note that a superbill does not guarantee reimbursement and in many cases a mental health diagnosis code is required for eating disorder nutrition care reimbursement.
To Learn if you are eligible for out-of-network services call your insurance provider and ask:
1. Do you have out-of-network benefits to see a registered dietitian for outpatient nutrition counseling? (you may be asked to provide CPT codes. They are 97802 for an initial assessment & 97803 for any length follow-up assessment). If yes, what amount of the fee will be covered?
2. Do I need a physician referral?
3. Is pre-authorization required in order to submit an out-of network claim?
4. Do I have to meet a deductible first? If yes, how much of the deductible have I met?
5. If you plan to participate in virtual nutrition counseling, also ask: Are Telehealth sessions with a registered dietitian included in my out-of-network benefits?