top of page
We accept cash, check, credit/debit cards, HSA and FSA cards. A credit/debit card, on file, is required to secure an appointment.
Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plans (Telehealth is not always covered for nutrition counseling)
Coverage varies greatly between plans, please contact your insurance company to verify your benefits. If insurance declines to cover your visit(s) for any reason, you are responsible for the full amount billed.
If Nulife Nutrition is out-of-network with your insurance, sessions may still be covered. Upon request, a superbill can be provided, to submit yourself to your insurance company, for possible reimbursement. A superbill, is an itemized form of services provided. Payment is due, from you, at the time of service.
Please note that a superbill does not guarantee reimbursement and in many cases a mental health diagnosis code is required for eating disorder nutrition care reimbursement.
To Learn if you are eligible for out-of network services or what cost your BCBS plan will cover:
You will need to call your insurance provider, provider them with the CPT or billing code S9470 and ask the following:
1. Do you have (out-of-network if not a BCBS PPO plan) benefits to see a registered dietitian for outpatient nutrition counseling? If yes, what amount of the fee will be covered?
2. Do I need a physician referral?
3. Is pre-authorization required in order to submit an out-of network claim?
4. Do I have to meet a deductible first? If yes, how much of the deductible have I met?
5. If you plan to participate in virtual nutrition counseling, also ask: Are Telehealth sessions with a registered dietitian included in my out-of-network benefits?
bottom of page